Tuesday 9 August 2011

Difficult times

I had a bit of a freak out this morning. I turned on the news and heard that the London riots had spread to Bristol where No. 2 son lives. I stopped myself from phoning him at 6 am, but by 9.15 I couldn't wait any longer. It was a great relief to hear his voice, but I'm not so sure he was that pleased to hear from me as I woke him up. However, I was able to go to Zumba with a free mind, which was great from my angle.

It made me think what a bizarre world we live in, where, here I am in the idyllic Scottish Borders carrying on with my rather mundane life and heading off for an exercise class and just less than two hundred miles away in Liverpool there was city that needed to clean up and people had lost their homes and livelihoods.

I feel so sorry for all those poor people, but, and I would have to say, rather selfishly, I feel blessed that I'm lucky enough to live in the peace of the countryside. Gordon suddenly seems like a rather wonderful place to live.

Let's just hope this awfulness ends soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment