Friday 12 August 2011

In the dog house

For the first time ever Nell became a thief... I don't know if she'd been listening to the riots and thought 'I'll have some of that', but today when I got home I put her bag down on the floor and went to check phone messages.

Nell's bag is the one I use for travelling and holds her biscuits, food and treats. Now I know she loves the treats I buy, which are Dentastix, and she gets one when I go out and leave her. She knows the sound of the packet being touched and becomes very alert and I sometimes wonder whether she prefers to be left at home with a treat than come out with me in the car, but that's another story.

Anyway, there I was checking messages and I thought I heard something going on downstairs, but sometimes she plays with her ragger or ball and I didn't think anything of it. But when I got down there she had taken 2 packs, each had about 5 sticks in, and scoffed the lot. I read her the riot act, but I have to say she didn't even look remorseful in the slightest.

Who me?

Now I shall have to wait and see what effect this is going to have on her system. But for a dog that has been not feeling so well over the past couple of weeks she seems pretty happy with herself and is looking decidedly perky. I don't know what the moral of that tale is, but undoubtedly there'll be one there somewhere!


Butter wouldn't melt...

No comments:

Post a Comment