Thursday 27 September 2012

Ready... steady...

This will be the last post before 'go'. Yes, it's holiday time!

I'll be away for a few weeks and won't be writing blogs, emails or anything else as I focus on where I am and what I'm doing.

We're starting in Bhutan, where Mountain Man is taking me on a magical mystery tour. The only thing I know for definite is that this is one of the places we are going:

Tiger's Nest Monastery, Paro
It's approximately a 3 hour walk from base to the top, but because of my knee problems we've got a pony coming along just in case, which I'm mightily relieved about. The thought of being half way up and not being able to go further is a bit of a bummer, so having an 'escape' is allowing me to feel a whole lot more confident.

After Bhutan we're off to Nepal for an amazing trip to Chitwan in the Terai, doing a bit of tiger spotting (we hope), going on an elephant safari, a bit of canoeing to see crocs in the wild and even the possibility of rhino. We've never been there before so that's very exciting. Then we're off to Lumbini and from there to our lovely retreat centre in Pokhara. My suitcase is already full to the brim with requested goodies for them, such as dried herbs, tomato paste and a pepper grinder amongst other things. Then it will be a few days in Kathmandu before coming home.

So, as we leave our house in good hands, I'll 'see' you all when I return, no doubt armed with photos and a long blog to tell you all about it.

Bye....

5 comments:

  1. How utterly, utterly wonderful. Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for holidays! Hope you get luckier than me at Chitwan. I heard tigers but didn't actually get a sighting. It was a lovely place to relax from my fond memories. Hope you get some too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds (and looks) wonderful! Hope you have a fabulous time and look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Full of envy. Have a good and safe trip. Lovely blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy the update... and thanks for the kind words Mr Nicholl.

    ReplyDelete